• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Nintendo Direct announced for September 23, 2021

Hoping that it’s going to be a big batch of new content in the October Direct. It’s what we need at this point. Unless, the Brewster content is going to be a bigger step up of sorts?

Anyway, glad that the cafe is just a part of the museum. I wouldn’t be able to find a spot for it at this stage.

The way the café is placed, makes me think we’ll get a gift shop on tbe other side, perhaps.

Yeah, I think they will add something on the other side eventually. Based on how they designed the museum, it would look a little odd if the final design was asymmetrical like that.

IM SO EXCITED FOR THE animal crossing update I am super excited to see what else they add!!!

and rune factory 5 splatoon also look like fun aaaa

Fingers crossed that a ton of furniture series gets brought back in this update!!

Same along with some better new sets and old individual items that weren’t part of any sets! 🤞🍀

I am cautiously optimistic about this being more than just Brewster as well. I think they used this teaser to let us know the Roost is this update’s headliner, but more is coming as well. If it was just Brewster, then why not announce it now instead of doing a separate direct in Oct? Something tells me there is more.

Same. While I won’t deny that the news excited me, I am going to wait and see before I decide if I want to play again. I’d hate to get myself so excited for the update and come to find it is nothing that i hoped or assumed the update would be like.

Animal Crossing will be getting its own direct. That is pretty significant. Looks like maybe we won't just get Brewster and the Roost...

The way the café is placed, makes me think we’ll get a gift shop on tbe other side, perhaps.

That's what I was thinking! I hope Celeste gets her observatory back. That would be cool. I think a gift shop would be cool as well. Celeste also ran one in NL although it wasn't very big.

I think the last time Animal Crossing got a Direct was before the game launched and it was around 30 minutes. I'm not sure it will be that long this time, but the fact they chose to call it a Direct is very good news.

So, it turned out to be “hey, we’ll have news soon” but on the plus side, it’s next month soon!

BREWSTER’S BACK IN THE NEXT COUPLE OF MONTHS, BABY

also they’ve just cheekily announced AC Amiibo Series 5 on Twitter, although given they’ve not actually shown WA’s cards, I’m worried it’s just going to be those with the 8 new villagers and a selection of returning ones thrown in.

I'm not basing this on anything but my gut feeling, but I don't think we'll see any New Horizons footage during this Direct. I think we won't see any footage for the next substantial update until the week it's ready to be released.
hmm, well, this aged well, lol

I'm more interested in the fact we'll end up with a whole Direct dedicated to Animal Crossing, which definitely would imply a lot more than just Brewster coming, whether it's for this update or possibly setting up for future updates. I'll definitely have to watch it when they air it in October. I guess it also does explain why the Halloween stuff was added in this recent update if the next update is coming out in November, lol

I’m kind of hopeful that the Roost means gyroids. I have always associated Brewster with gyroids since he is the only one to mention them. Halloween would be a nice time to add the gyroids.

I'm very hopeful for gyroids and I think it's likely they'll include them. However, they mentioned the update is set for November, I think, so no Halloween.

I'm sure there's more than just Brewster. Because why else would they dedicate a separate Direct for it if it's the only thing that we're getting?

I wish it was October already.
It's because they need an entire direct to talk about all the coffee flavors. And how to properly brew and steep them. Brewster told them that if he couldn't get those terms he wasn't agreeing to this. So it's all about how to properly and professionally make coffee.

I'm glad they decided to finally get the ball rolling on the beefier updates. It's good that they need an entire direct so that even if it is just the roost we know that they aren't cutting out any of the old content like working for Brewster. And maybe this is where the datamine jobs will tie in.

That's what I was thinking! I hope Celeste gets her observatory back. That would be cool. I think a gift shop would be cool as well. Celeste also ran one in NL although it wasn't very big.

Me too. Give Celeste anything on the other wing, and I would be through the moon. Poor thing has been walking around in the dark for 18 months while her brother just chills inside— not right!

So how do you all want the Roost to come? Do you want there to be some new prerequistie you need to complete for Brewster to come or do you just want him to move in right away after the update?

Back