Red Pansy
White Pansy
White Pansy
Red Hyacinth
Yellow Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
White Rose
pin_tail_banner 2.png

It's a twist on the famous birthday party game, welcome to Pin the Tail on the Villager! In each round, you'll be presented with a villager's name and an image with coordinates. Your task is simple: find the specified villager in the scene. Feel free not to use a blindfold unless you want to make it extra difficult for yourself, but there will be enough obstacles obscuring your vision without one! The tickets will be rewarded based on how close you are to the correct location of the villager and how close all of the other participants' guesses are. It may not always be obvious, so use your brain and think outside the box!

How to Play

Four rounds will take place over the next two weeks, each with a new scene that contains a specific villager. The image will contain a grid with coordinates that will allow you to determine your best guess for the location of the villager. If the villager appears to be located in more than one cell on the grid, choose the one that you believe contains the majority of the villager's image. Post your answer in the event's private submission board.

How to Answer

Head over to the Pin the Tail on the Villager Submissions board and post a thread. Based on the location you're submitting, input A-Z into the X-coordinate field and 1-20 into the Y-coordinate field. Select which Round # you are submitting your guess for. Feel free to put anything into the title and contents of the thread. You may not edit your guess once it has been submitted.

Rounds

• Round 1: Saturday, August 10th at 6:30 PM EDT - Tuesday, August 13th at 9:00 PM EDT
  • Round 2: Wednesday, August 14th at 9:00 PM EDT - Saturday, August 17th at 9:00 PM EDT
  • Round 3: Sunday, August 18th at 9:00 PM EDT - Wednesday, August 21st at 9:00 PM EDT
  • Round 4: Thursday, August 22nd at 9:00 PM EDT - Sunday, August 25th at 9:00 PM EDT

Prizes

You can earn anywhere from 0 - 4 Tickets and Throwback Tickets depending on how close you are to the correct location. As you can see, this method of rewarding tickets is similar to the Count Inside the Bottle event, which means the average rewarded amount will be 2 per round. This means if 100% of participants get the correct answer, they won't earn the maximum of four tickets.

Participants who get the correct answer will also be added to a raffle for the to-be-revealed animated TBTF 2024 collectible per round.

FAQs

Where do I submit my answers?
As explained above, submit your answers privately, by clicking this link. Post a new thread and fill out the two coordinate fields and the round # field.

Will the answers be shown after a round ends?
Yes. Answers for previous villagers will be posted when their round ends.

Can I work with my friends?
While you can work with your friends privately, we encourage you to keep your groups small and keep your answers amongst yourselves to avoid spoiling the answers to other participants. Fewer people answering correctly will also help you earn more tickets, so it may be beneficial to work alone. Do not post any answers or hints in this thread until the round has ended.

Will there be a special prize for those who solve the puzzle correctly before anyone else?
No.

When will I get tickets and throwback tickets?
For this event, everyone will receive tickets at the same time after the round ends. You will not see an "approved" label on your submission.

Last edited:
Round 1: Twiggy
Round 1
Start: Saturday, August 10th at 6:30 PM EDT
End: Tuesday, August 13th at 9:00 PM EDT

In round 1, pin the tail on:

Twiggy

Twiggy's scene with grid:
trees grid.png

Twiggy's scene with no grid:
trees no grid.png

Last edited:
I have Twiggy on my island! And since she's been on there for a long time, that made me more confident in finding her in this event.

(Yes, I already submitted my guess!)

I'm a bit confused.. are we just looking for the targeted character in the image?

Submitted my guess!! This is a fun event! I hope there'll me more of it in the future!

I submitted my guess, we shall see how this goes haha.

also very confused about how distributing prizes works, if everyone gets it right then why wouldn't they get the full amount?

I submitted my guess, we shall see how this goes haha.

also very confused about how distributing prizes works, if everyone gets it right then why wouldn't they get the full amount?
I think it’s so the reward varies based on difficulty level- a puzzle that’s so easy everyone can get it right isn’t valued as highly as one that only 5% of people get right. And they aren’t given preset difficulty levels in case the staff greatly overestimates or underestimates how difficult players will find it.

That being said, this method does make me feel a tiny bit sad because I don’t want to be rooting against other members getting it right just so I can get more tickets 😂

What?! I usually like I Spy but I feel like this is definitely tricky! My poor eyes are already bad enough, haha. I’ll try squinting more and figuring it out again tomorrow

Back