• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

What's Bothering You?

Why is it that people never phone back when they say they will? I know unexpected things can happen, but it’s 99% of the time when I contact a company, they don’t phone/email back, despite having several contact numbers. I hate contacting them again as I feel as if I'm pestering them, but I do want things done! 😞

Sick of being sick. It has been a month now. I'm constantly exhausted (doc's words "extreme fatigue"), my weight keeps dropping, and my body isn't tolerating food well but I'm not allowed to change my diet until the doc says so otherwise it may cause false negatives. Bloods have come back abnormal but so far all I've been told is more tests are required. I should hopefully be told more at my appointment next week. But the waiting is frustrating. I feel like my entire life is on hold. I'm alone all day & most evenings - and I know my partner feels guilty about this but I'm not selfish enough to ask her to stay home for my sake. She's out with one of my closest friends right now and it sucks that I can't join them!

Thank god my job is understanding and has a great sick leave policy. Had a chat with someone from senior management this morning and I was told to stop stressing about work, reassured my cover (two people from another site each coming in one day a week) is keeping the department afloat, and to just rest up. But it is hard not to stress when you receive a department-wide email saying how difficult things are right now with you gone. I miss work.

Also, I'm so bored. There is only so much TV a person can watch. But I've no energy for anything more intensive most days. I went for a walk today and after 40 minutes had to get public transport home. My usual walk to work is 30-35 minutes and that's all uphill and a month ago I managed that no bother!

I didn't lose anyone thankfully, but still.

I hate that the thought of death is so triggering for me. I'm literally sobbing at work over it. it's not even necessarily that I'm upset over it, rather I think it's because it's such a mysterious thing and it's stressful to think about, and my poor sensitive autistic mind gets overwhelmed so easily by things which it doesn't understand.

I can't help but think about my life, the passage of time, all the things I've yet to do. and too often I think about what it might be like if it was cut short. I don't want to go into detail because it does get very personal and even a little graphic. but it's so distressing and it's hard to contain in my mind, such a vast concept.

I need someone to hold me close. I need to feel the warmth and love of another soul. I'm just stuck at this desk, my heart in pain. I don't know what to do with myself.

So, I ordered a lolita coord off of DearMyLove through ZenMarket. It got here SURPRISINGLY fast. However, I wasn't home to sign for it when they attempted to deliver it; and they refuse to try to redeliver it, even though it's an OPTION. So, now I have to go to the post office tomorrow to get it. Which is annoying, 'cause I gotta pester my dad to take me; and I KNOW he's gonna yell at me.

Our aunt (who also is our landlord) is reshaping our house and moving other family in for rental.

Fair enough. It's her decision. However it would be nice if she asked first or talked it over instead of bluntly throwing it on us. I feel bad for my mother. She was clearly feeling a little hurt.

It also sounds like it's going to be a little suffocating at first. I'm going to need some time to adjust it when it happens. Removing our entire downstairs and modifying it is going to take away lots of space. It sort of confines us into the upstairs area.

Not to mention the more introverted side of me doesn't prefer so many people around. It's going to be even louder. I'm just not feeling good about these changes.

I didn't lose anyone thankfully, but still.

I hate that the thought of death is so triggering for me. I'm literally sobbing at work over it. it's not even necessarily that I'm upset over it, rather I think it's because it's such a mysterious thing and it's stressful to think about, and my poor sensitive autistic mind gets overwhelmed so easily by things which it doesn't understand.

I can't help but think about my life, the passage of time, all the things I've yet to do. and too often I think about what it might be like if it was cut short. I don't want to go into detail because it does get very personal and even a little graphic. but it's so distressing and it's hard to contain in my mind, such a vast concept.

I need someone to hold me close. I need to feel the warmth and love of another soul. I'm just stuck at this desk, my heart in pain. I don't know what to do with myself.
If I could, I'd like to say I've had this exact same experience a couple years ago. Right on my birthday actually. I started thinking of death and it just scared me for days. To the point where I shut down from everything and woke up scared for my life. It's part of the reason why I've said I hate having autism before. Appearently it's a loop of thoughts. The way I got out of it though is that I've realized it's not the thoughts I'm afraid of, it's the anxiety and bad feelings that came with it. It scared me senseless after all. I learned trying to fight these feelings only made them worse. This might sound crazy, but the best way for me is to just let it flow. These feelings became much less overwhelming that way, to the point where the thoughts that scared me and overtook me no longer loop or bother me. Just tell yourself: you have anxiety... but anxiety never has you. It will go away because all emotions do eventually, good or bad. I'm sure everyone fears death at one point in their lives since... we all die eventually, right? It makes our lives so much sweeter though. We all have our own lives. We each have our own stories that nobody but you can write. Make most of each day and take each step. Focus on what YOU can control. The moment I started fearing death was the moment I was greatful I exist in this world.

I hope I'm not sounding like I'm trying to give you a pep talk btw. I just wanted to help since I know a bit of what you're going throught. =x

This appeared around the same time I started getting sick today...my throat hurts, and my nose is running.

1726631321476.jpeg

Anxiously waiting for doctors phone line to open.

My heart rate spiked to 164 beats per minute at rest last night and remained high for an hour. 148bpm at 4am. 133bpm at 6:20AM. Also dropped as low as 48bpm (not worrisome on its own but what a range for one day). 😬

Edit: they want me to come in in an hour. They've never given me a same day appointment before. 👀

Last edited:
I’m upset and confused. Kinda sad but for a whole different reason.

I’m tired of messing up socializing. Always happens when I get two comfortable. :/

Please do not reply or comment - that includes discord too. I just need space right now.

Last edited:
It's been a year today since I lost my best friend.

Nothing more to say there. I'll be thinking about it a lot as the day goes on.

I remember feeling so disturbed and out of sorts. If I don't even feel half of that again today I'll be fine. 'Time heals everything' is true to an extent, but the loneliness of some losses can't be covered. Especially a soulmate type of bond.

I'm shaking and I'm feeling sick to my stomach, but I'm not sure if it's a side effect of my new meds or if I'm just tired/hungry. I already ate and I've been up for a few hours, so I'm not sure if the latter is the case.

I just wanna go back to bed but I have to book an appointment, which I'm not looking forward to. Things haven't been so great lately, but I'll manage...

Sick of being sick. It has been a month now. I'm constantly exhausted (doc's words "extreme fatigue"), my weight keeps dropping, and my body isn't tolerating food well but I'm not allowed to change my diet until the doc says so otherwise it may cause false negatives. Bloods have come back abnormal but so far all I've been told is more tests are required. I should hopefully be told more at my appointment next week. But the waiting is frustrating. I feel like my entire life is on hold. I'm alone all day & most evenings - and I know my partner feels guilty about this but I'm not selfish enough to ask her to stay home for my sake. She's out with one of my closest friends right now and it sucks that I can't join them!

Thank god my job is understanding and has a great sick leave policy. Had a chat with someone from senior management this morning and I was told to stop stressing about work, reassured my cover (two people from another site each coming in one day a week) is keeping the department afloat, and to just rest up. But it is hard not to stress when you receive a department-wide email saying how difficult things are right now with you gone. I miss work.

Also, I'm so bored. There is only so much TV a person can watch. But I've no energy for anything more intensive most days. I went for a walk today and after 40 minutes had to get public transport home. My usual walk to work is 30-35 minutes and that's all uphill and a month ago I managed that no bother!

Anxiously waiting for doctors phone line to open.

My heart rate spiked to 164 beats per minute at rest last night and remained high for an hour. 148bpm at 4am. 133bpm at 6:20AM. Also dropped as low as 48bpm (not worrisome on its own but what a range for one day). 😬

Edit: they want me to come in in an hour. They've never given me a same day appointment before. 👀

I finally got an answer. I'm glad that after 5+ years of complaining to doctors I finally know what is wrong. I'm not even sad to be told I've yet another chronic condition. Just so relieved I should get back to feeling normal soon. Should get medication Monday. 😌

Although I've been told to rest as much as possible between now and Monday, and if my heart rate spikes above 160bpm for 30+ minutes again to get to a hospital.

I have so much to do but my body and mind are screaming at me to lie down. I don't know what my deal is right now. and it sucks because my day started out fine, so I'm not even sure what happened.

you know how some people get sick really easily, and they seem to always have a head cold or something else? I feel like that's me, but with mental health. it's so hard waking up every day not knowing what kind of mental health day you're gonna have, and then having to rework things because of a bad episode.

I hope I can at least muster up the energy to write in my journal and do some research for my college application essay. I'm just not feeling well at all, physically or mentally. 😔

Back