Prize Booth

Are we allowed to buy both a physical prize and a mailbox prize pack? I'm too scared to buy one because I already got my ghost kitty!
But I'd love to try out a prize pack for the first time! ^^

is the written letter stationary the only difference between the packs?

is basically the same, all things considered

For those wondering why there are two variants of the prize pack this time: the "NH variant" looks like the ones we sent out in 2020 and 2022. The "NL variant" looks like the ones we sent out in the earlier years. While the NL one is smaller, I'll make sure it contains the same items and maybe bring back the bad drawing to make up for the size difference between the two.

is the written letter stationary the only difference between the packs?
Yes, and the New Leaf version is also smaller, which means the entire envelope will be smaller. However, they will have the same contents.

After much thought, decided to go with a NH mail pack, kinda like I did last time.
It least I have enough throwback tickets for my sweet feather~

Okay, but what about the people that DIDN’T get what they wanted. I worked HARD to the point of BECOMING GREATLY ILL for that keychain and I DIDN’T GET IT.

I feel you since I didn’t get what I wanted either, but I think it’s unfair to yell at Kilza. It’s nice that the staff even offered us these prizes and their hard work with the event. It’s not the staff’s fault if we get sick over this. Could there have been a better way to this, Idk. Since this all costs money, it is understandable there is a limit.

Yippee!
image.png

Ahhh congratulations to all those who were successful! I wish everybody could get what they wanted and I almost feel guilty for grabbing the cutest bunny but I'm trying not to because I don't think it's healthy.

I'm extremely happy right now and I can't believe in my luck. That's insane. I'm so happy, very grateful and really, really excited. Thank you so much Staff for making all this ❤️

Okay, but what about the people that DIDN’T get what they wanted. I worked HARD to the point of BECOMING GREATLY ILL for that keychain and I DIDN’T GET IT.

I hope this is some form of exaggerated satire, but if not, please prioritize your own health over a silly forum event

Also, I am in no way mad at staff or people who did get something that I may have wanted, I'm just sad I missed it~
So SUPER congrats and really happy people were able to get their physical items! I didn't realise how much loved the pins were haha

I feel you since I didn’t get what I wanted either, but I think it’s unfair to yell at Kilza. It’s nice that the staff even offered us these prizes and their hard work with the event. It’s not the staff’s fault if we get sick over this. Could there have been a better way to this, Idk. Since this all costs money, it is understandable there is a limit.

While I was lucky and did get what I wanted I do feel bad for others who didn’t and wish we could all get the prizes we want, but unfortunately the staff can’t make infinite prizes for everyone.

Maybe there’s a way to keep a limit but make it more fair for everyone regardless of internet connection, time zone etc. Kinda like how Japan does a lottery type system for super popular limited things. You apply saying you want to buy something and then winners are randomly drawn from those interested after a certain amount of time, at which point the chosen few can then purchase the said thing. Of course it’s not quite as straight forward as it sounds and the ticket system complicates this idea.

Yes, I agree with this. It's one thing to give (respectful!) feedback about collectibles since those are entirely digital, exclusive to TBT w/ no "real world" value, and in theory could be unlimited--I for one am very grateful that we no longer have to compete for collectibles in the shop thanks to staff members caring about member feedback! Staff members absolutely put time and effort into creating those as well, but it's not as straightforward as "1 more member having access to the collectible = 1 more chunk of work for a staff member" once the collectibles already exist.

Physical prizes are really different, though. Like you said, each individual physical prize has a financial cost and a labor cost. I don't honestly think there's any way to prevent disappointment with physical prizes since it's not realistic to expect staff to create dozens of every prize to meet the highest possible amount of demand. And staff were very clear about the highest level prizes being REALLY hard to get and for members not to pin all their hopes/efforts on them when there would only be a few of each. (That snow bunny is SO cute but I decided not to try for it because I honestly didn't think it would even be possible to click the button that fast!)

It's for sure sad to miss out on something due to RNG though! I don't blame anybody for being disappointed. I just don't think there's a way around it other than eliminating physical prizes, or, I guess, charging real money for these events--and I really appreciate that staff have thus far kept TBT entirely free of real-life currency.

Back